As of February 2021, Facebook has 2.8 billion monthly active users. Considering that the total number of active internet users in the world is estimated at 4.66 billion as of January 2021, the vast reach of Facebook amongst internet users (approximately 60%!) cannot be denied.
And if this fact doesn’t impress you, then how about the fact that 1.84 billion users visit this social networking site every day! Nearly 59% of social media users use Facebook, spending an average of 19.5 hours on this social media platform per month.
Way To Advertise And Invite Someone To A Special Event Than To Put It Up On Facebook?
Most of us have used Facebook to not just watch videos but also connect with those long-lost relationships – from long distant family relatives to childhood friends who moved away long ago. So, why not use Facebook to announce your event – be it opening a new bakery, starting your own company, just celebrating your school’s ex-teachers birthday, or setting up awake for a dear one, and celebrate life and share sorrow on death together!
Facebook Events provides a number of facilities to its users:
- Creating/ Editing an event with complete details
- Allowing creator to invite friends and anyone else he/ she wants
- Allowing invitees to respond in four ways – Attending, Not Attending, Maybe Attending and Hasn’t Responded
- Notifying users of upcoming events whether or not they have responded
Using this will help you get your event advertised across thousands of users at once.
Now, let’s move on to Google.
Nearly 4 billion users use Google for a variety of purposes. Currently, all smartphones require us to connect our accounts to the phone in order to enjoy various facilities such as storage, communication, file sharing, etc. Google is one of the most commonly used applications to connect with our smartphones and laptops. Gmail is used by 1.5 billion active users. Google offers a variety of apps that can be accessed with just a few clicks and your existing google account such as Photos, Maps, Fit, Play, Drive, etc. for a variety of purposes.
One of the most convenient offerings by Google is Calendar.
Google Calendar is one of the most convenient tools by Google and right now has 500 million active users. It can not only be used to create events; it can even sync with your other apps to import event notifications from any specific app. In simple words, you can view all your upcoming events in different apps in one place.
It is natural to connect your Facebook events to Google Calendar.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- On the left sidebar menu, click on the ‘Events’ tab to find a list of all your events
- Find the event(s) you wish to add to your Google Calendar and RSVP the events with your choice (Going/ Interested).
- On the event page, click on the […] button for the drop-down menu. Click on ‘Export Event’ and a file will be downloaded on your desktop.
- Open Google Calendar from Google Homepage or Gmail. On the left sidebar, you can see ‘Other Calendars’.
- Click on the [+] button and choose ‘Import”.
- In the new dashboard, upload the file downloaded on your desktop and you will be able to view the Facebook event on your Google Calendar.
If you wish to add all Facebook events and not just a specific one, under the ‘Events’ tab in Facebook, select the ‘See All’ button on the left in the ‘Your Upcoming Events’ section. Then you will get the option to download the entire thing to Google Calendar.
You will need a special app to organize all your events. It is available on Google Play Store.
- Download the ‘Event Sync for Facebook’ app from Play Store.
- Click on the pink [+] button on the bottom right side of the app.
- You will be prompted to log in to your Facebook account.
- A popup will ask for permission for the Event Sync app to access your Calendar. Click ‘Allow’.
- Tap on the top-right menu button for the dropdown menu. Click on ‘Configure Calendars.’ Your Facebook is now synced with your Google Calendar. You can switch it off whenever you want.