Do you want to send an invoice on PayPal to someone? There’s a definite procedure for creating and sending an invoice on PayPal. But for that, let us first understand some basics.
What does an invoice mean?
Well, an invoice is a time-stamped commercial document that itemizes as well as records a transaction between any buyer and seller. If the goods or services are purchased on credit, then the invoice usually specifies the terms of the deal, providing the necessary information that is available on the methods of payment.
A PayPal invoice
PayPal invoice is a billing service enabling a person to bill and receive payments from clients through email. It operates just like a paper invoice where the clients would directly pay using the credit cards or funds in their PayPal account.
Creating and sending a PayPal invoice
It is free and easy to create and send an invoice on PayPal and make the customers or clients pay even if they don’t have a PayPal account. A person is required to pay only a low transaction fee when the customers or clients pay them.
Now let us walk through the procedure of creating and sending an invoice from start to finish.
The things a person needs :
- A PayPal business account
- PayPal business account username and password
- The customer or client’s email address
- The optional company logo
Steps to creating and sending a PayPal invoice :
1. First of all, login into your PayPal business account
2. Click the Tools at the top of the page and then select Invoicing
3. The next step is to Create Invoice
4. Then, one needs to enter the recipient’s email address
5. To add a name or shipping address, select Add customer details
6.Then enter the items, quantity, and price
7. Finally, select Send
The customer or the client will receive an email with the invoice they can pay securely using their credit card or debit card, PayPal, or PayPal credit.
A few things that a person needs to know regarding a PayPal invoice are :
- While creating an invoice and sending it through PayPal, a person doesn’t have to pay anything. There are no hidden setup fees or monthly subscriptions. However, a person needs to pay 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction when the client or customer pays them.
- When a person sends an invoice through PayPal, they must have a “PayPal business payment box” tick marked on the invoices they send to their clients. To avoid PayPal fees with PayPal business payments, the customer or the client need to have a PayPal account, and they have to pay the invoice through their PayPal balance or any connected bank account.
- If the PayPal invoice is received, then one can pay a money request or invoice by selecting the ‘Pay Now’ option in the email sent by PayPal. If a person receiving the invoice doesn’t have a PayPal account, they can create a new account before they pay, or else they can pay using a credit or debit card.
- A payment request through PayPal will expire automatically after 30 days if it is not paid by then. A stays valid till the due date selected before sending it to the recipient.
- Anyone can send a PayPal invoice by creating and sending an invoice through the PayPal website or its mobile application. PayPal shares a link of the invoice with the client through email, or a person can share his or her own link.
- It takes around 72 hours to receive a PayPal invoice. The availability of invoices depends on whether the transaction is still pending.
- A person can now view the status of the PayPal invoices that are sent in the following way :
- Click Tools
- Click Invoicing
- Click “Manage Invoices”
- Invoicing is made easy by PayPal. Many templates have been prepared on the PayPal website, which helps create and send the invoice. Some of the templates prepared by PayPal are sales invoice templates, contractor invoice templates, freelancer invoice templates, and construction invoice templates.
PayPal being an international payment gateway, people often get intimidated by its procedures. But from the above information, we can see that creating and sending invoices and receiving and making payments are extremely easy through the PayPal website and its mobile application. Go on start using PayPal.
Read More about – Passive Profit Pages Review- A Money Making Software?
Leave a Reply