Cinemas, movies, television shows are not just an escape from the hullabaloo of the real world anymore. With the patterns changing, these have become a serious medium in our lives that teaches us about emotions, friendships and relations, valuable life lessons, and how the world works through spectacular storytelling.
Directly or indirectly advertising on television which started in 1941 has turned out to be inseparable with time. From promoting brands to promoting ideals, advertising holds no bounds in the visual media. We have come a long way since that and along with us came the movies that spoke the advertising language and lived deep delved in the advertising world. Common now, let’s take a look at the greatest movies ever made in all times that revolve around advertising lives.
- What Women Want – released in 2000, this comedy/ drama is famous for its direct relation to the advertising world. With quite ironically hilarious consequences the male protagonist, who’s an ad executive, gets the ability to read women’s minds and hear their thoughts. With the turn of events, the movie lays out the most important revelation of the advertising world – the ability and the necessity to listen. This golden rule since then has eased the lives of thousands and acts as a gentle reminder for all.
- Bazaar and Rummage – a hidden gem, if you may say so, this movie talks about agoraphobic women who step out of their houses for the first time to go to a sale. This movie epitomizes the power of advertising that blinds us all at some points in our lives and directs all of our attention to it.
- Jobs: the Story of Temptation – this biographical drama, based on the life of Steve Jobs chronicles the intricacies of business and advertisements. This movie highlights the very essence of the small things in the world that makes big differences or in other words, the business of small things.
- The Greatest Movie Ever Sold – clearly as the name suggests, this movie focuses on the Kafkaesque world of business and advertisement and through the years have guided us to the integrated advertising. This movie, by far has provided the most realistic insights into how brands promote and push their products through television and cinemas and how in turn, the media houses get sponsorship for their movies.
- Lemonade – The Great Recession, the global financial crisis that occurred from about 2007 to 2009 was the most severe economic recession that hit the lives of all and spared none. During that time, several thousand advertising professionals lost their jobs, and this documentary released in 2009 talks exactly about that. The hard-hitting narrations stir one’s thoughts up, quite forcefully while constantly putting forward the harsh realities of life. The central theme of the movie is how the people who were once paid to be creative were then forced to be creative in their own lives for survival. This movie is a strong mnemonic that teaches us to never despair and how the creativity and ability to think creatively saves lives.
- In Good Company – A quite underrated movie, released in 2005, never fails to touch the souls of the audience as it consequently deals with human behavioral settings. This movie for a change points out daggers at the corporate tendencies that often involve excessive greed and evilness and thrives on the lives of the innocents. Yes, this movie portrays the age-old mainstream deduction that makes sure bad things happen to good people But never fails to achieve its purpose. In a time when everyone is seemingly losing humanity and kindness, this movie is a gentle reminder that it is people that make and run the business and it is people again that businesses run for.
All in all, movies are nothing less than rays of sunshine on cloudy days. We laugh, we cry, we smile and we learn from movies. And these movies are no less than a blessing that reminds us to be humans while excelling at our jobs. Advertising is everywhere, every art, every business, every concept requires advertising, and these movies push us a step closer towards the main goal – connecting with people. Enjoy watching!
Also Read – Affiliate Bots V2.05 Review- Chris’s Marketing Strategies 2020!
Leave a Reply